Hi, my name is Jessica and I’m passionate about photography.
My earliest memories of photography were of my beloved grandad and his obsession of all things photography. Where ever we went Granddad was sure to take his favourite Leica camera along. Apart from his landscape and nature shots, he would take countless images of us kids. I loved it when I was allowed to watch him develop his photos in his make-shift darkroom. To this day I treasure the beautiful albums with his images, which tell the story of our childhood.
My working life has been an interesting journey taking me from working in the medical field and later in the IT arena. 6 years ago I came to the realisation that I needed more creativity in my life and started investing in photography equipment and courses and it opened up a new and exciting world, which I truly love. Creating precious memories for people is something special and dear to my heart.
Here are a few random facts about me:
○ I love bright colours (you could call me a colour magpie!)
○ I have a great big soft spot for animals. I grew up on an African farm and our menagerie included dogs, cats, horses and a pet pig called Percy. There were also a multitude of ‘unwelcome pets’ such as snakes, spiders and scorpions.
○ Being outdoors makes me happy. I love long walks in the Windsor Great Park or out in the countryside.
○ I love to run! A blessing I think, as it keeps me fit.
○ I’m passionate about cake – put a slice in front of me and watch my eyes light up!
○ I enjoy reading when I get the time. In the winter, there is nothing nicer than curling up on the sofa with a cosy blanket and a good book.
○ I get super excited about travelling to different countries and experiencing their culture.
○ Like Granddad, my camera is never far from my side.